Who knew?

So, I was wandering the aisles at Chapters tonight, when I came across this rather odd magazine...who knew there was such a trendy magazine for people with allergies? And who knew that going off to college with allergies was a death sentence? Now, I myself have struggles with skin allergies, all stemming from a bout with penicillin that left me covered in hives pretty well from head to toe. Now the strangest things can set off a chain reaction. While I was in Vancouver, I even had an outbreak of hives down both my legs and I'm still not sure what caused it. I know what it's like to have allergies, and I know there are people who have some extreme, even life-threatening cases, but why do you need a magazine to scare you into being even more paranoid about what you come into contact with? I know what my triggers are, and I don't travel anywhere without my herbal allergy pills and my tub of Gardener's Dream Cream (I know their website is kind of new age-y, but the cream works...it's fabulous!). And I just have to resign myself to the fact that I can't control all situations, and I can't control the allergens that might be travelling around on other people or their belongings. Perhaps if I actually picked up this magazine or browsed through their website, I might come across some articles that would be helpful to me and my situation...I'm sure it really is a great magazine. But one thing still kind of bothers me...could they not think up a better name?

Comments

kelle said…
Ok, I just checked out the website for the magazine...I think they could have come up with a better title than that. I have been struggling with allergies a lot lately, and the last thing I read to right now is this magazine. I've just made sure that I have plently of Benedryl on hand and that I drink lots of water.
the Haazens :) said…
That is stinkin' hilarious! Who knew there would be a big enough market to make a WHOLE MAGAZINE about it?!
Renee said…
Hmmmm I have to agree a better name is in order....we should come up with something witty and send it into the rag.....

It seems as I get older I have developed an allergy to some things that I've never had before...kinda cool that there is a publication out on allergies...kudos to them
Kelly said…
I just noticed on the cover one of the articles is called "A Sneezer's Guide"...achooooo!
Anonymous said…
Don't you think it should be .... "achoooo - achoooo - achoooo" ??
shinbone #4 said…
WOW!! really WOW!! Allergic Living... it sounds like that Ben Lee song catch my disease. I thought it would be some inspiration, teach by example, Christian teen magazine - but it really is what it says it is.. WOW - that is honesty in advertising right there :D
Swoosh said…
I have seen that magazine before. I have also considered buying it because of my husband's allergies.

There are so many magazines out there for every little niche in life. Check it out!
ZimZen said…
My co-worker gave me a copy of this exact magazine! I sneezed!