Wednesday, February 28, 2007
The other night I dreamt (yet again) that I lost a tooth. This time, it was because I had been grinding my teeth so hard when I was sleeping that it had just shattered and there wasn't much left of it. I was devastated that there was a big gap 3 or 4 teeth back from the front. I woke up very relieved that all my teeth were intact.
Monday, February 26, 2007
I just love this video by Sarah McLachlan...it reminds me that there is so much more going on in the world than in just my little corner. I was watching the news today, and the talk was about the gift bags that they give out to the celebrities at the Academy Awards. Some actors and actresses have started refusing to accept the bags, as one bag and it's contents are worth more than a low income family would make in a year. And they're giving them to people who already have more than they need! Apparently they are going to stop giving these "gift bags" away, and if you can believe it, people are upset! Not the celebrities, but the designers and companies that put their products in the bags. I guess for them it's advertising! Sometimes I think I live simply, but then I realize how much I actually have. I know it's Ok to enjoy the things that I can have because I live where I do...but I need to make sure I don't take it for granted. I think there's always room to live more simply. Why do we always seem to need all the latest "stuff"...myself included?
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Just a little something for y'all, to say Happy Valentine's Day! This song brings back very happy memories for me...mostly it reminds me of rollerskating at the arena when I was a kid! The sight of dozens of beige rollerskates lined up ready to rent, the black and red paint at the arena, backcombed bangs half a foot high...the smell of greasy burgers and fries at the concession mixed with that distinct smell all arenas have, the sounds of Glass Tiger playing in the background! What songs bring back memories for you?
Saturday, February 10, 2007
1. I have been to see Frank Mills in concert. Yes, that's right....Frank Mills. The music box dancer guy! Cyndi took me years ago when he came to Regina. We actually had fun there, mostly giggling at Frank and the other people who were there to see him. He is a fabulous musician, but had the corniest jokes. And Cyndi and I were the youngest people there by about 40 years.
2. I love eating 2 things that repulse a lot of people...oysters and snails. In playschool, when asked what my favourite food was, I told them "escargot"!
3. I was on a softball team when I was in elementary/jr. high school, but I haven't thrown a ball for about 5 years.
4. The first thing I did when I walked out of the Vancouver airport this summer was slip and fall on the pavement. Apparently Old Navy flip flops and damp Vancouver pavement don't mix. I just happened to fall right in front of a bus...so I really put on a spectacular show for those people. I was slightly embarassed, and my brother was extremely embarassed. I just happened to be wearing white shorts that day, and curiously, there wasn't a speck of dirt on them. Later that night I broke out in hives on my legs...not sure if the two incidents are related...
5. I have lived with 3 people whom you will find in my links to the right..."Kelle's Musings" (almost 3 years, I think?), "Zim Zen" (one year), "eek" (2 years in the dorm at Bible college). If you would like to find a husband and get married, just come live with me as all 5 of my roommates are now married (and I'm not, if you were wondering)!
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Monday, February 05, 2007
For my Monday post, I chose this skipping video. Now, say what you will about men in skipping competitions...but I think these guys are pretty cool...although slightly cheezy perhaps? I was at the gym today and there are 3 TVs in front of all the treadmills and ellipticals (usually all turned to soaps at that time of day). I was finding it hard to work up a sweat today, as I watched a national skipping competition. It was more of the athletic skipping...like how many rotations of the rope in a minute (so fast that you can't even see the rope!) and then a little freestyle and double dutch. It had the attention of quite a few people there! Now I'm feeling like I should go buy a skipping rope...but I'm thinking that my neighbours downstairs wouldn't quite appreciate it as much as me...