Be Happy

So, around Christmastime, I bought a new agenda for 2012. Yes, I have a smartphone with a calendar and I know there are all sorts of online programs for keeping your life in order but I still really love having a book where I can write my "to do list" down. It's a cute little red book and on the cover it says "Be Happy/ Sé feliz". Just today I realized that each week there is a suggestion of something to do to, well....have a happier life I guess. So I decided to go through and find all the suggestions (and add a few of my thoughts)...some food for thought.

-Show yourself (ie: don't hide yourself away!)
-Follow your instincts
-Be inspired
-Stop being a victim
-Find out what you can do and do it well
-Love your work (I think attitude has a lot to do with this...)
-Look at everything from a new perspective
-Have curiosity for everything that is around you
-Don't isolate yourself
-Be with the people you want to be with
-Set goals (and have someone keep you accountable to them!)
-Finish what you started
-Help others
-Forget about watching the news for a day
-Dance
-Pamper yourself a little
-Confront your fears
-Visit a museum
-A decision is better than no decision (This was good for me to hear...I'm the worse decision maker. Ever.)
-Exercise
-Unplug your TV (my tv is being repaired right now, and it's amazing how much more I'm getting done, and I love having the extra time to read)
-Listen to music
-Spend time in nature
-Be encouraged, you can do it
-Find a balance (I'm learning that a balanced life is a healthy life)
-Get good sleep
-Read
-Buy flowers
-Try to arrive (That's the best I can translate it from the Spanish...the picture is of a little knight arriving at a castle and his princess waving hello to him. Take what you want from this....)
-Make realistic plans (although I think it is important to dream BIG!)
-Don't compare yourself with others
-Live in the moment
-Don't be hard on yourself
-Accept that life has good moments and bad moments
-Every night think about the good things that happened that day
-Welcome new ideas
-Believe in yourself
-Be kind
-Let people know how special you are (I have a mental picture of myself going up to a stranger and saying "Hiya, I'm special!" yaaa..... I think when you are yourself and living life to it's fullest, it will shine through that your are special!)
-Be honest with yourself
-Stop obsessing about negative thoughts
-Focus on creating whatever you dream of creating
-Dedicate time to simply having fun
-Thank the people who teach you, help you, encourage you and invite them for coffee
-Don't forget that money cannot buy happiness
-Offer what you no longer need to those who who do need it.
-Value who you are in this moment
-Be part of a group
-Find common ground
-Take care of the love in your life
-Make a list of things you are thankful for
-Take care of the earth
-Never stop learning
-Believe in something bigger than yourself (Of course, I would change this to someONE!)

Comments