Presidential Update

Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for Venezuela.  My blog wouldn't load properly yesterday so I'm trying again today just to give an update.  God has been answering prayers and since Monday, when there was a little bit of violence from protesters, things have remained fairly peaceful.  Every night at 8pm supporters of the opposition continue to take up their pots and pans and bang them in protest (called a cacerolazo), continuing to ask for a recount of the votes.  I suspect that it will only go on for one more night, tonight, since tomorrow is the inauguration of President Maduro.  Please continue to pray that tomorrow things will remain calm as people take to the streets to celebrate.  And that both leaders (who are Catholic) would truly feel the peace of Christ in their hearts.  I plan on watching the festivities from the comfort of my home. Thank you for your prayers for me and my teammates. Although we have our opinions on the situation, we only share them with each other :) and try to remain very neutral when talking to our friends... but as you can imagine, sometimes it is hard to stay neutral in a country divided down the middle.  I think that's what makes me saddest about this whole situation...the division.  It is so hard to see a country so divided, friends divided, families divided because of their political beliefs. Please pray with me for a unified Venezuela, trusting that God has this country in the palm of his hand.  I think there are many spiritual lessons that can be gleaned right now, not the least of which is waking up each day in confidence that God is working in the midst of us here.

Comments