Apartment Update and Coffee Woes

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me to find a new apartment! There is a possibility through my tutor, a member of her family has a small house for rent, 2 bedrooms. I am hoping that this weekend I'll be able to go see it, apparently it is only a 5 minute drive from where I live now, which is great since I would kind of like to stay in this area of the city because I'm just getting to know it. If I can see it soon, I will be able to decide if it is what I need in regards to space, budget and security. Please pray also as I will be meeting with my current landlady (Miriam) sometime next week so we can finalize everything for moving out, return of the deposit etc. In the past she has asked me to pray for her, so I also definitely want to follow up and invite her to church (again)....she has yet to come, but says she wants to.

In other news, I am learning how to make coffee. Well, I mean GOOD coffee. I have always preferred tea to coffee, but enjoy a good coffee on occasion. I love going over to the Hieberts and drinking their coffee b/c it's always good. Seriously. And in Costa Rica I drank some really amazing coffee. But I have always fallen short in the coffee-making process (even with a coffee machine in Canada....how can you go wrong with that?) and so after receiving a coffee press from the Hieberts and various coffees while in Canada (ie: Starbucks and Timmies) I am DETERMINED to master the art of coffee making with a french press. After a few days of mediocre coffee, I desperately consulted the Google and some Youtube videos (I learned how to cut my own hair thanks to Youtube, after all) but they were less than helpful. So please. If you can help an aspiring coffee addict, I would love to hear your suggestions.

And in case you were wondering, my last week in Costa Rica (ironically) I had the best cup of coffee I have ever had in my life, made with with a type of coffee bean called "peaberry". And if you are ever downtown in San Jose, I might just be able to direct you to the coffee shop where I had it!

Comments