Merry Christmas

December has been quite the whirlwind month!! The last few weeks of the trimester seemed jam packed with new info, while my brain capacity seemed to diminish as the month went on. I made it through exams though, and will begin my next trimester mid-January. I've gone on a few trips here and there, and have been busy with a bit of Christmas shopping (here in CR and online for family---I love the interweb!). I've also been able to catch a few Christmas programs, at Sojourn Academy and at my church. I'm finding it difficult to get into the Christmas spirit, since there is no snow (amazing the difference it makes!), but little by little I'm getting excited for the special day. I was walking in the mall last week with the Hieberts and Mackenzie saw that there were snowman decorations all over the mall. He asked me "Why do they decorate with snowmen when they don't have any snow? How do they know what a snowman looks like if they've never seen a real one?" Good question, Mackenzie :D My host mom, "Mami", gave Kristen and I a special project to work on this month as well--sewing our own Christmas stockings!!! By hand!!! It was a bit time consuming, but I think it turned out great. Mom and Dad are heading to New Westminster BC to be with Sean for the holidays, I'll be missing being with my family this Christmas, but I'm so glad they could all be together...here's hoping for mild weather in Vancouver!!! As you each prepare to celebrate this Christmas, may you be reminded of Jesus Christ, the reason we celebrate this holiday, and the author and perfector of each of our lives.


Comments

Monty P said…
Nice stocking!
Robert said…
Nice stocking!