The peaceful days of January!

I've just returned from a 24hour children's pastor's retreat. I always look forward to connecting with old friends and making new ones at these retreats. We had a great time as usual, and now I'm home and taking the afternoon off to catch up on important things...like my blog of course. I have 2 more retreats to go to in the next 4 weeks or so, seems like every second weekend I'm heading off somewhere. My next retreat will be another 24 hour retreat in Canmore. I can hardly wait. The retreat is being put on by a church in Red Deer and I'm excited to be tagging along. Their speaker is going to be Craig Jutila and if you are involved in children's ministry, you might know how amazing it is that he is coming up here to speak to us. I don't know how they got him, but I'm glad they did! Should be very interesting. While I'm in Canmore, I'm hoping to do a little exploring in some of their stores and look at touring (not whitewater!!) kayaks. I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy, but I definitely want to learn all that I can in case I decide to. Des let me take her kayak out last summer and I had a lot of fun. Once I got over my fear of actually sitting in it and realizing that it's very sturdy and is NOT going to just flip over for no reason, I could actually start picturing myself in one regularly. I think it would be a great hobby/sport to take up. So we'll see what I dig up in Canmore. Hopefully I will soon be able to post about my trip to Venezuela. It has been taking me a while to actually process it and so I'm still working through my time there...but I promise I will post some pictures and tell some stories soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know...to actually think that you were SCARED to get in it...but Des knew....
Tarasview said…
Ummm... did you know that it is now the end of feb and there are still no posted photos?

Just a gentle reminder :)

I tagged you on my blog today by the way.
Renee said…
miss you Dags...what's shakin'?