Stress Less

Just when I think that I'll get back into blogging, I lose steam! However, I must stress that the lost steam was due to being sick for a few weeks. I ended up with shingles and so for the past 2 or 3 weeks, I've been in a bit of discomfort and lacking in energy. It started in my scalp, it was really itchy and I was starting to worry that I had lice...then when I got a rash on my face I thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to something. But when my face started going numb and prickly I finally went to a doctor and got my diagnosis. Now a week later and pumped full of anti-viral drugs and eyedrops, I'm feeling much better. Still not good enough to wear makeup on my eyes since there is still some itchiness, but I'm almost back to 100%. I'm in agony without my mascara...and if my grandma was reading this she would probably be laughing. A few summers ago I went for a visit but I had forgotten to pack mascara so I had to make an emergency run to Walmart for some more. She found this quite comical! I think everyone has that one frivolous little thing that they just can't do without. Anyway, the shingles were probably brought on by stress...so I'm trying to do a little more relaxing, reading, etc. and less tv and computer. This is going to be a struggle! It is going to mean getting up and exercising more. I also want it to mean more coffee times with friends. And doing my nails more often. And going for drives. And doing more art. And just letting worries go, especially when it comes to work and my relationships.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'm so sorry you've been feeling yucky:(....relieving stress is so worth it, one you get past the feeling guilty part (at least for me)...have fun!