A Little Bit Of This, A Little Bit Of That....

Well, the comments were getting a little out of hand on my last post, so I figured I better write something new if I wanted to keep my sanity...I did make it to the gym today and got all weighed and measured up. Can you believe that I'm actually 5 foot one inch and a half! And all this time, I've been telling people that I'm 5 foot and just one inch--today is a happy day for me! They also put these little electrodes on my right foot and hand and I was able to get a print out of some weird facts like how much water I had in my body today. My trainer is very french, and the way she spoke reminded me of a certain youth sponsor named Esther....People have told me that she works her clients very hard, but since I've never worked out in a gym before, she said she'd go a little softer on me for the first 3 months. I think that I'll soon start dreading month number 4....I have spent the week recovering from dog-sitting for a friend earlier this week. Chevy is still a puppy, so I must forgive him for many things--especially tiring me out. In the course of 2 days, he managed to pee numerous times on the floor, on the stairs, in front of the door, and on me; chew through 2 cardboard boxes, chew a new roll of toilet paper, chew a pair of rubber gloves, chew a magazine, dig up some sod beside the house, dig up some garbage from under the snow, and knock over a lamp. He also figured out how to hold the leash in his mouth so it looked like he was walking ME. How embarrassing... I will probably be looking after him on a regular basis, which I'm actually looking forward to....although that does sound strange after all I just wrote. But it's so worth it when he comes and sits beside me and tries to cuddle on my lap. Sidenote: Chevy is a golden retriever/black lab cross, so imagine him trying to cuddle with all 5 feet 1 and a half inches of me in 6 months!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You have a trainer! I want one, I just keep getting fatter and fatter, but with my job I eat at bad times, I'm always tired and like to eat only bad food. Dr. phil ( I mean Kelly) I need help! How did you get the will power to do all of this?
Kelly said…
No will power at all--just a lot of convincing from my friends! The fact that a personal trainer is included in my membership fee was a big motivator--I need someone who will hassle me if I slack off!
Anonymous said…
Kelly that is awesome!! Yea, if i still had a gym membership i would say hey lets hook up single friend and go to the gym to check out all the hotties? have you joined the gym to check out the hotties or get into shape? let have coffee sometime girl we have been sayin that for how many months?? sandi
Kelly said…
Sandi, of course I'm there to get in shape! I'm not into those body builder types--they're WAY too into themselves! Glad to see you updated your blog!
Anonymous said…
Hey, just checking out the new Blogger. This is just another thing that I can do to procrastinate house cleaning!! Very cool blog site :0) Merry Christmas!!