Geckos and Ants and Snakes, Oh My!!!

Today I had one of those "wildlife experience" days.  I am learning to deal with creepy crawlies.  The hard way.  I lifted up a plastic bag today and found a teensy little gecko.  He was so little and cute, but I did kindly ask him to leave.  Geckos eat bugs and stuff, so I don't mind having them around, but when they pop out of nowhere all of a sudden, I have to give a look of consternation.  Then came the ants.  When I was in Costa Rica, I often found trails of ants heading to a miniscule crumb.  If one finds a bit of something to eat, he calls his buddies and it becomes like a frat party gone wild.  Finally, the topping on the cake came tonight when walking around a corner I was surprised/horrified to find a snake in the house.  Ok, it was really small, but still, it was a snake.  I couldn't get ahold of my landlord upstairs.  And I had no idea what to do with it.  I corralled it into the bathroom with a broom, and then began to sweat profusely.  Finally I got ahold of my landlord and he came down and saved the day with a broom and dustpan and a toss off the patio.  The snake lives to see another day.  We sealed up the spot where I think the snake got in and the good thing in all of this is that I think that if it happened again, I would be able to deal with it on my own as long as it's not an anaconda.  Take THAT, snakes!! *Clint Eastwood squint*

Comments

Kelly said…
p.s. i wish i had the presence of mind to take a photo but you can understand that i was thinking about other things....
Woodard said…
p.s. i wish i had the presence of mind to take a photo but you can understand that i was thinking about other things....