Music Video Monday

I just love this video by Sarah McLachlan...it reminds me that there is so much more going on in the world than in just my little corner. I was watching the news today, and the talk was about the gift bags that they give out to the celebrities at the Academy Awards. Some actors and actresses have started refusing to accept the bags, as one bag and it's contents are worth more than a low income family would make in a year. And they're giving them to people who already have more than they need! Apparently they are going to stop giving these "gift bags" away, and if you can believe it, people are upset! Not the celebrities, but the designers and companies that put their products in the bags. I guess for them it's advertising! Sometimes I think I live simply, but then I realize how much I actually have. I know it's Ok to enjoy the things that I can have because I live where I do...but I need to make sure I don't take it for granted. I think there's always room to live more simply. Why do we always seem to need all the latest "stuff"...myself included?

Comments

Amanda Franks said…
I like how you said you have to make sure you're greatful for what you have. I think that's the heart of it, when you have so much you don't care anymore then you have too much. But I think it's okay to enjoy what you have. I think when one is greatful one is also more generous. We've been so blessed since arriving in G-town of people passing on the blessings, and I'm so glad they get to enjoy what they have, and that I am greatful for what I've been given.
Amanda Franks said…
I totally spelt greatful wrong all over that last post, but I am too lazy to change it. Instead I'll write a new post commenting on my spelling mistake.....I think I'm losing my sanity.
the Haazens :) said…
I think it must be in our nature...Eve (and Adam) had ALL the fruit in the garden they could have ever needed, but they just HAD to eat from that middle tree!
JHoos said…
I think it is very human to be dissatisfied. Good observations, Dags. From reviewing your blog, I have discovered something - Youtube! Laugh if you want - I am very behind the times. I have been on YouTube constantly the last few days and it's driving Aaron nuts!
Renee said…
I will admit with a hanging head that I am a princess...I like nice things..my hair and nails done etc...but you're right sometimes we care too much about the material things. I have been blessed and like to give back when I can. The awards show gift bags are off the hook! Can't believe all the bling and stuff they get...very commendable of the recipients to say they don't want them...I've heard some even donate them
kelle said…
Thanks for the reminder. We can't take the things we have for granted.