Under a Pumpkin


Had our annual "Pumpkin Patch Party" last night at the church...I went as a "bed bug". I wore my pajamas, Spongebob slippers (of course) and then my wings and antennae (thanks for the pic, T!). The kids didn't really get it, they just thought I was a ladybug in pajamas. We have a real sweet talker at the church and he's only in grade 2. Last night he told me "you sure are a beautiful ladybug...". The best, though was a few weeks ago at kid's club. He chose to do his craft at a table full of grade 4 and 5 girls and promptly won their hearts with his one-liners and flattery. One of the leaders overheard him say, "You girls are just playing hard to get, but I don't mind...because you're just so handsome!". The girls, of course, erupted in laughter and giggles which just egged him on more. Oooooohhh boy...I'm sure he'll be a real heartbreaker in another 7 or 8 years...watch out ladies! But everything went great last night...however, I found that the parents who were participating in the games were much more competitive than the kids, had a harder time following instructions, and completely disobeyed the rules of the game in order to cheat and have their team win. They were also very poor listeners and would talk while I was talking...hmmm...I thought the kids were going to wear me out, but I think it was the parents!

Comments

the Haazens :) said…
They are just big kids after all! I'm not surprised...especially that Nicole!!!

Anyways, you made the cutest bed bug ever...and we were all duh-duhs not to have gotten it!
shinbone #4 said…
t stole what I was going to say... well the last part anyway. You are a cute little bed bug! Great idea. I love those kind of costumes... did I tell you about the time I dressed as a Roman Road?? It took a lot of explaining :D
Swoosh said…
Great costume! I know what you mean about parents. I had a bunch come to my classroom on Halloween, and it wasn't rowdy, it was just crowded! I'm glad the week is over. . .
kelle said…
Dags, you look soooo cute!! What a creative idea for a costume! I'm glad you had a great time and that the kids enjoyed themselves...as well as the parents. Interesting that they (the parents) were the ones being the most disruptive!
Superjan said…
wow, what a good idea for a costume. Sounds like the party was a blast too! Did you reprimand the parents for being difficult to handle?
shinbone #4 said…
have a great time this week pookie poo!
Kelly said…
actually, i did reprimand the parents...i told the kids to remind their moms and dads about the rules of the game!