I drug myself out of bed for this?

Have you ever had one of those days when you wonder why you got out of bed? I got up extra early this morning with plans of going to Calgary for a children's ministry luncheon. It was snowing and blowing, but I thought it might be alright so I drove to Red Deer. I got to Gasoline Alley (south R.D.) and wimped out. The roads were wet and it was snowing harder, so I called and cancelled. Then I found out that the children's pastor at another church in Red Deer went, so then I felt like a HUGE loser for not going. As I was exiting off the highway and getting turned around on a side road, I ran over a curb. That settled it! I'm not going, because now I'm just mad! So to calm myself, I went to Scott's Parable Christian Book Store to pick up some Alpha manuals that we need for this Monday. They usually have tons in stock, but they were totally out and not expecting any until later next week. So I drove back to Sylvan, and decided to stop at home to pick up some good scissors to use for cutting out some flannelgraph pictures (yah,yah, I work with kids). I got out of my car, locked the doors and shut my door. Then I realized that I had locked my keys in my car, and the car was still running. But wait! I have a spare set in my purse! Oh, look, the purse is on the passenger seat. Luckily, Shawn was home and I was able to get in. I rummaged around for about 10 min and managed to find another spare set--apparently you can never have enough spare sets of keys. I got back to the church, got settled in my office, and then realized that I left all of my work at home. So I spent the rest of the morning cutting out flannelgraph pieces and wondering if God was trying to tell me that He stopped me from going to Calgary, because something worse might have happened to me, or if I should have gone to Calgary, and none of this craziness would have happened to me....

Comments

kelle said…
Oh Dags!! How terrible...I totally know what days like that feel like. You wonder why you even GOT out of bed and why you didn't just crawl back in after the first thing went wrong.
Anonymous said…
I know what that is like, from the moment you get up, you feel like everything you do is a chore, and working against the grain. I had a day like that on Tuesday night, only I lost my keys, and of course, those things are never isolated incidences, but one of many.
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry I can't empathize. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before, and to be frank it probably never will. However, that was a good story, I just wish that at the end of it you found a hundred dollars, that then would have been an AMAZING story!
xx's
the Haazens :) said…
Love ya dags...and I'm glad you didn't go that day cause you are still alive!
T=)